Williston Municipal Airport (FAA LID: X60) is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Williston, a city in Levy County, Florida, United States. Commonly referred to as Williston Airport, it is located 23 miles (37 km) southwest of Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV). Opened in 1974 for public use, it does not have a control tower. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Formerly known as Montbrook Army Air Field during World War II, the airfield was opened as a US Army Air Forces installation on January 1, 1942. It appears to have been closed by the end of 1944. In 1974, the facility was deeded to the City of Williston. It serves as a basic utility airport in Levy County for the City of Archer, City of Bronson, City of McIntosh, City of Reddick and the City of Williston. It is one of two airports in the county, serving alongside the George T. Lewis Airport in Cedar Key A planned upgrade of the airport slowly started with annexation of land in 1988. In 1992, it was selected as a preferred location for a regional airport within 20 miles (32 km). A second, larger, runway was completed by 2002 and allowed for jet aircraft to use the facility. An Automated Weather Observation Station (AWOS) was installed at the airport by the end of 2005. Future upgrades on the 2,000 acre (8 km²) site include additional hangars, a corporate hangar park and a new fixed-base operator.
The EAA Chapter #1484 is composed by a team of about 30 active members, many with long experience as Pilots. Monthly meetings take place at 6:00 PM at the EAA Chapter shack, every FIRST MONDAY of every month (except July, August and September). If you want to join us, or simply visit us, please do not hesitate to come to one of our meetings. We always have good burgers and dogs, skillfully prepared by our renowned Chef Steve. All visitors and friends are Welcome.